The Production Manager plans, directs, and coordinates all aspects of the manufacturing processes at our drone manufacturing facility in San Luis Obispo, CA.
● Oversees the daily manufacturing process, coordinates with planning to assure timely order fulfillment
● Scheduling of shifts on the assembly stations of the production floor
● Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and
designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. Develops,
evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods using lean techniques.
● Sets up and maintains data collection systems related to manufacturing in order to make
data driven decisions.
● Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
● Purchasing: Performs all purchasing functions for all parts and supplies required for
○ Evaluates all vendors to ensure the highest quality parts are purchased at the
lowest cost with the shortest lead times. Maintains professional vendor
○ Negotiate purchasing terms,discounts, part costs, lead times and delivery
○ Budgeting on a monthly and quarterly basis for purchasing of inventory, supplies and equipment. Coordinates budget/purchasing requirements with the Company controller.
● Utilization of ERP system for purchasing, inventory management and production scheduling.
● Manages and coordinates with Engineering the bill of materials.
● Communicates with Engineering to ensure the product is built to the outlined
specifications. Plans with the engineering team on new product releases.
● Coordinates with the sales team to accurately forecast purchasing and production.
● Oversees shipping and receiving at Inspired Flight. Maintains knowledge in international
shipments and dangerous goods shipments.
● Works with Quality to assure compliance with all regulatory requirements
● Continuously improves processes for yield improvement.
● Implements new processes and cost saving steps.
● Writes, establishes, and approves departmental policies and procedures (SOP’s).
Directly supervises 2-5 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance evaluations, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and at least two years of related experience; or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. UAV-specific experience a plus but not necessary.
This is an in-person role. Inspired Flight complies with CDC guidelines and has implemented production safety protocols.
Highly competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Company stock option plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Company Phone Plan
Inspired Flight is on a mission to build the most capable and flexible drone platforms for customers spanning commercial and Federal industries. Founded in 2017, Inspired Flight has gained significant traction as a commercial manufacturer and is growing at a rapid pace. A deeply rooted belief that the aerial tools we build are transforming industrial applications drives our team’s innovation and commitment to safety.
As a quickly growing, fast-moving drone manufacturing startup, we’d love to hear from you if you:
· Work well in a collaborative environment
· Enjoy fast-paced development and rapid feedback loops
· Can concurrently manage multiple projects & deliverables
· Aren’t shy about proposing creative ideas on how to improve product
· Enjoy taking on new challenges requiring creative solutions
Position is available immediately. Please submit your resume to be considered to: Adam Bilmes - Director of Operations
Email: [email protected]