Airspace Link, Inc. is looking for an ambitious and self-driven Business Development Manager to join our team! As the Business Development Manager at Airspace Link, you will be responsible for driving State & Local Government sales that are crucial for our growth and success.
The Business Development Manager is a key member of our team who reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or Vice President of Business Development & Sales. In this position, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing company sales and marketing plans, including implementing new ideas and tools for the company, so we expect you to be an industrious and inspiring leader.
Airspace Link is headquartered out of Detroit, MI. While we’d love for candidates to be located out of our home office we are in need of someone to work remotely to help grow our business on the West Coast.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and we are eager to further diversify our company. Airspace Link is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
We’ll be looking to you to secure business with new customers, as well as manage ongoing accounts and contracts. You’ll write proposals for new and existing clients, identify and set personal goals, and create plans to achieve goals. We’re also looking to you to develop and maintain a network of contacts within and outside of the company, balance the reactive sales with strategic sales and partnerships, and ultimately instill a resilience culture at Airspace Link.
Day to day you’ll be working with the sales and marketing teams on tactical sales activities and strategic sales initiatives, growing and nurturing leads, crafting value propositions, leading sales engagements, generating quotes, writing proposals all to ultimately grow and sustain our customer base. We’re specifically looking for you to…
- Grow revenue via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing
enterprise client accounts
- Meet Quarterly & Annual Revenue Targets
- Manage perspective client relationships through all phases of the
- Provide a consultative solutions sales process to prospects
- Conduct one-on-one and group sales presentations
- Make frequent calls to establish new opportunities
- Track customer information, forecasts and reports
- Develop and maintain prospect and customer list based on
strategic marketing data and other sources for sales leads
- Plan & Strategize marketing activities with the Marketing and - - - Channel teams for the end users and channels
- Lead RFPs & Proposals
- Perform other job related duties as required
- Must have experience selling On-Demand, SaaS solution or
subscription based product to a diverse customer base
- Account management or project management experience
- Proven track record for closing large and mid-size companies
- Ability to adapt, overcome objections, and learn complex
- Strong time management skills
- Create new business opportunities through in-depth
conversations and relationship building
- Proven track record of growing business from an established
- Strong time management skills
- Consistent and documented track record for achieving
monthly/quarterly/annual target metrics
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft
Office and Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: GIS, UAS, aviation,
FAA, state & local government sales
- Minimum of five years’ experience
- Outstanding verbal and written skills and experience working
with staff on all levels
- 50% Travel
Everyone at Airspace Link is here to do the best work of their career, so we work on systemic problems and try to avoid individual blame. We value people who can take a stand yet commit even when they disagree. We subject ideas to rigorous debate but we remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. Charging the trust battery is part of the work.
We aren’t looking for ideological clones, but we are looking for people who share our basic values and beliefs about how market great software and products to the UAS / Drone community. We’ll call upon you to provide expertise in the following technical areas:
Everyone at Airspace Link is here to do the best work of their career, so we work on systemic problems and try to avoid individual blame. We value people who can take a stand yet commit even when they disagree. We subject ideas to rigorous debate but we remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. Charging the trust battery is part of the work. All in all we aren’t looking for ideological clones, but we are looking for people who share our basic values and beliefs about how to market great software and products to the UAS / Drone community.
We aim to be competitive but won’t be making any headlines. We offer a full health benefit package that is tiered depending on your tenure with Airspace Link. In other words, our benefits move from good, to better, to best.
We support a life well lived away from work. None of our benefits are about trapping people at the office or cajoling them into endless overtime. Just the opposite. We’re all about reasonable working hours, ample vacation time, fitness, wellness, and healthy living.
Please send an application tailored to this position that speaks to us. Introduce yourself as a colleague. Show us the future. We’d like to hear about some of the things you’ve been working on or are interested in.
We value good communication and solid writing is part of that. We hope to see a well-constructed cover letter along with your resume/CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!