Reporting to the Head of UAS department, you participate in the implementation of the European UAS regulation and safety oversight of UAS operators in Luxembourg. Your scope of work will include:
• Review of the declarations made by the training entities and operators
• Technical analysis of the PDRAs / SORAs provided by the UAS operators and issuance of the operational
• Certification of the Light UAS Operators (LUC)
• Development and maintenance of the evaluation system for the remote pilots’ competencies in the SPECIFIC
• Oversight programme implementation including inspections and audits in compliance with EASA UAS
• Assistance and support to UAS operators,
• Technical support to the Head of Department,
• Follow-up of ICAO/EU regulations in relation with UAS operations,
• Development of internal procedures and checklists,
• Participate in international working group or workshop as necessary,
• Promotion of civil aviation in Luxembourg.
• Good knowledge of UAS technical systems and SORA methodology;
• Good knowledge of aviation regulations, especially Reg. 2019/947;
• Good command of both written and spoken English. Good knowledge of French and/or German language is an
• MS Office and computer literate;
• Experience in an EASA Member Civil Aviation Authority will be an asset.
Post-secondary education of a duration of at least 3 years and 3 years of experience with a UAS professional
operator / training school.
Permanent, full-time position
Date of entry on duty : immediate
Additional requirements :
• Good ability to synthetize and to analyze complex problems;
• Effective organization skills, ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects;
• Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines under demanding conditions;
• Strong commitment to promote a service minded and customer-oriented administration;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and self-driven personality;
• Effective communication skills;
• Capacity to work in a multicultural environment;
• Good team spirit and ability to work as part of a team;
• Willing to travel;
• Clean criminal record (pre-employment and background assessment will be done).
ALSA s.a., Luxembourg Aviation Safety Agency, is a company acting under the supervision of Luxembourg National Aviation Authority and fully owned by the State of Luxembourg.
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and a motivation letter to:
4, rue Lou Hemmer
or via email to : [email protected]
Application deadline : May 31, 2021